Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Guacamole & Meetings

So I mentioned that I went to my nephew's first birthday party on Saturday. My sister asked me to bring my guacamole. See, guacamole is one of my two favorite "healthy" snacks (hummus is the other). Well, it turns out that I make a pretty decent guacamole (my hummus sucks), so the recipe is to the sidebar, right.

Guacamole

  • 7 avocados
  • 3 slightly-overripe tomatoes, finely chopped
  • 1/2 vidalia onion, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp. cumin
  • 1 tbsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp. cilantro
  • 1 tsp. old bay seasoning
  • Lime juice to taste

Mash the avocado, mix in other ingredients, squirt some lime juice. Transport / serve with at least an avocado pit or two to prevent premature browning.

I was hoping to bike into work today . . . it would have been a nice day - the temperature before 7 hit 70, so I wouldn't have had the "sweating heavily while freezing my balls off" conundrum that I typically face on the bike ride in. This afternoon is calling for scattered showers (with late thunderstorms). Riding in a thunderstorm isn't particularly fun, but a small rainstorm is actually somewhat pleasant (as long as you give yourself enough distance to brake). The rain cools you off (nevermind that the temperature usually has dropped a little), and cars tend to give you an extra-wide breadth.

Unfortunately, I have an offsite meeting today, so biking wasn't an option. This morning, I walked the dogs, fed the dogs, and spent some time on my spinning bike watching Dexter (my ankle is still a tiny bit tender - it's annoying, as I thought I was fully back to normal, but I'll give it another day or so).

This afternoon, depending on when I get home (and the weather), I'll give my lawn another once-over with the mower. Maybe run a bit if my ankle is up for it, maybe a quick bike ride. Tomorrow, I do plan to bike into work (it's kind of awesome to get three hours of a workout without actually spending three hours of your day), so that's that . . . this weekend, well, we'll see.

No comments: